Currently, BityPOD works as a web app – check this video to learn how it works and see if it is better than Zoom:
For those who have used our chat.pyrapod.net, they understand it is a way for people to connect via a Zoom-like platform.
The whole thing was started when Richard and Aubrey sensed the need for a better way communication between us. Then we see this need is everywhere out there, not only among members of our own community. Although we can connect each other by phones, email, social platforms and apps, there is still something that is missing.
Eventually we found an opensource program and installed it on our own server. And we tested it, It turned out that this self-hosted program worked really well. Not we have permanently installed the program on chat.pyrapod.net so that members among our own community can communicate to each other and even use it to build their own communities.
The next step is to develop the physical and electronic device so that it could make communication easy among BityPOD device users. Some of the features we would like it to have are listed below and more will be added as we develope this product:
- Easy to use – even an old and old person can use it simply by plugging it to his or her cell phone
- Audio and video communication between BityPOD users
- Better than Zoom services for host account users
- No other info needed other than a person’s name and cell phone number
- A private page and public page will be created with default format
- The private page is stored on the physical device which is local
- The public page is stored on the server for public view
- Ports on the device are available to allow you to connect to your phone or computer
More features will be added such as speach based AI capabilities, remote connection without using WiFi, etc.